Monday 11 April 2016

Welcome to Renaissance Penang

Penang, the Pearl of the Orient, is my much-beloved home town. It has a history that could have come from a Hollywood action movie and a wealth of on-going cultural interchange that comes from the many different races which have made their home on the isle.

On this blog, I hope to post many interesting titbits of information about Penang's people, customs, history, cuisine, traditions and places which tourist brochures and handbooks do not mention, especially since the dear old island seems to be undergoing a bit of a renaissance in many ways nowadays.

I try to be as historically and factually accurate as I can but I do hope you'll forgive me when I write from my own memories of things and events rather than what the history books and official sources say. I hope you'll enjoy reading about all the little things which make up the place where I live.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment